babyloveblog

Saturday, July 30, 2005

Introduction

I am in the 36th week of my pregnancy. A month away from my due date on Sept. 2nd. Which is why I thought this might be a good time to start a blog to share with all my loved ones. I hope to record here, the events that may occur during the days to come. And I hope you (my family) will be able to follow R and me closely as we go through these life changing events.

To start with we just got done with our "Child Birth preparation" classes. These were a series of 3 classes, 3 hours each, that expecting parents go to to really try and figure out what to expect during childbirth. They're also supposed to teach you breathing techniques that might help you during labour. But if you ask me, these classes are mainly for the Dads since they're the ones who are clueless about the whole thing. I had already read so many books and articles about what to really expect that very little of the information was really new to me.

But I did learn a few things though. They went through about 15 minutes of breathing exercises during the whole 9 hour series...which was a little disappointing to me. I would have liked to have practiced the breathing a bit more. We also watched videos of childbirth. Very graphic, but then again I guess it helps get the Dads prepared for the real experience. R didn't seem too affected by it though...he just sat there and yawned. (well to be fair he hadn't slept much the previous night, with all the interesting stuff on tv).

We also did the hospital tour as the last part of the Childbirth preparation class.

We saw the labour rooms and the nursery and the maternity rooms for recovery after delivery. There were 2 just born babies in the nursery. All of us from the class crowded around the nursery window to take a peek at the little precious darlings. They were precious. The nurse lifted one of them up and brought her to the window for us to see better. I guess they must be used to expectant parents gushing over newborns, everyone hoping their babies are just as adorable.

This morning I went to our farmers market after a very long time. The place just makes me so happy..full of people and children and flowers and fruits and vegetables and oh the myriad of smells from all the fresh herbs...its just intoxicating. Its one of those warm sunny saturday morning things that I love to do.

Well thats it from me for introduction. I will post more as the pregnancy progresses and things develop. The baby gives me nice kicks from time to time. What I find interesting is that the time when I feel it best is when R and I are just casually chatting about something or the other. Maybe the baby is responding to his voice. We'd both like to think so :-)