First day being at home
So today was the first day I stayed home...the first day of my maternity leave..WOW!!
I can't imagine that I am not going to be going to work for a long time now, it really feels wierd. Today I was quite busy though, folding the baby's laundry, arranging it in the dresser, getting my bag packed for the hospital, getting some junk cleared from around the house and since today Mom had a day off, I got to talk to her for about half an hour too.
We got the rocking chair delivered today. R set it up for me this evening itself. It was so sweet of him to do it so soon. And luckily it wasn't such a pain to install either. Its real comfy.
A few more small things to be bought and then we'll be really ready for the baby!!! Papa is impatiently waiting to get down here. He's got plenty of Mallu movie DVDs, all kinds of chutney powders and God knows what from their Malayalikkada and even a ready made packet of 'uluva-kanji'. And Mom has got all kinds of neyyus, arishtams, kashayams....again God knows what, expressly ordered from Kerala for me. I don't know how I am going to consume all that. Hopefully if it is too bitter, the baby will rebel and then I won't have to have it :-)
I can't imagine that I am not going to be going to work for a long time now, it really feels wierd. Today I was quite busy though, folding the baby's laundry, arranging it in the dresser, getting my bag packed for the hospital, getting some junk cleared from around the house and since today Mom had a day off, I got to talk to her for about half an hour too.
We got the rocking chair delivered today. R set it up for me this evening itself. It was so sweet of him to do it so soon. And luckily it wasn't such a pain to install either. Its real comfy.
A few more small things to be bought and then we'll be really ready for the baby!!! Papa is impatiently waiting to get down here. He's got plenty of Mallu movie DVDs, all kinds of chutney powders and God knows what from their Malayalikkada and even a ready made packet of 'uluva-kanji'. And Mom has got all kinds of neyyus, arishtams, kashayams....again God knows what, expressly ordered from Kerala for me. I don't know how I am going to consume all that. Hopefully if it is too bitter, the baby will rebel and then I won't have to have it :-)